Welcome to this exceptional sun-filled Tudor house sited on a large corner lot in Cathedral Heights. Perfect for entertaining family, friends and professional colleagues, the home sits back from the street surrounded by lush landscaping. It enjoys an inviting circular driveway and a large two car garage opening onto 39th Street. It is minutes from Georgetown and within easy access to downtown Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland. This elegant home features six spacious bedrooms and six and a half bathrooms. It offers nearly 6,000 square feet of living space on four finished floors. The recently renovated house has an abundance of large windows, high ceilings, gracefully arched passageways, custom finishes, handsome hardwood floors and two wood burning fireplaces with steel liners. The main floor boasts an easy flow for effortless entertaining and comfortable family living. It features an expansive living room with a wood burning fireplace opening into a charming solarium with renovated flagstone floors and French doors to a terrace, beautiful garden and fountain. Off the foyer, there is also an inviting dining room and a study/library with built-in cabinetry. The large gourmet kitchen is equipped for the finest chef with a gas Wolf range, two ovens, granite center island and countertops, a Sub-Zero refrigerator and ample storage. The kitchen opens to a sun-drenched breakfast room and accesses a lovely newly refurbished private deck, perfect for outdoor dining. The deck stairs lead down to a lush backyard garden and lower terrace and fountain. The second floor is comprised of a gracious main bedroom suite, with two full baths, one with a soaking tub, and ample closets, including a walk-in closet. There is another spacious bedroom with a full bath and large closets, and a charming family room with built-in cabinetry and a welcoming wood burning fireplace. The third floor has two additional bedrooms, one of which could be used as a study, and a full bathroom. It also features easy-to-access additional storage space. The main roof was replaced using gray/black Vermont slates and copper flashing in 2020. The lower level has a back entrance to the house that opens to a mud room and stairs going up to the kitchen. There is also an entrance to the two-car garage, a guest room/exercise room with a full bath and a laundry room with new appliances. The lower level also features an attractive guest apartment with its own separate entrance. This apartment has a large living room, a bedroom, large closets, a full bath and a kitchen.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Tudor
6 Full/1 Half
Gas Water Heater, Public Water Service
5,740 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Living Room, Sun Room, Exercise Room, Foyer, Office, Mud Room, Breakfast Room
- 2nd Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Double Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Central Air, Electric
- Gas Heat. Forced Air, Zone.
- Partial, Full Finished, Entrance Outside, Walkout
- 2. Brick, Mantle.
- Main Entrance Locked, Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Alarm
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway, Concrete Driveway.
- Deck, Patio
- Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Slate, Copper
- Partial, Wood
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Fountain, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Corner, Front Yard, Landscaping, Private, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S).
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price