55K PRICE REDUCTION!! 2029 Connecticut is the epitome of grand Beaux Arts construction in Washington, influenced by French architecture, including the Palace of Versailles. It was designed by Hunter and Bell and built in 1916. Its lobby's marble floors, and exquisite plaster moldings provide an elegant welcome. It is perfectly located in Kalorama, and has been home to a former president, presidential candidate, ambassadors, members of Congress and many distinguished people representing a variety of professions. This exquisite home offers large, light filled public spaces that gracefully flow together for entertaining. The home is approximately 1,900 sq ft (per floor plan) and boasts tall ceilings, beautiful floors, and south/west/east facing windows that flood the home with light. The updated gourmet kitchen has ample cabinet storage and counter space. The open floor plan provides three living areas plus a separate dining area, and any of them could easily be separated. The spacious primary bedroom suite includes a large en suite bath, multiple walk-in closets, and seating area. The second bedroom also includes an en suite bath featuring a large walk-in marble shower. Currently configured with a separate family room and dining room, plus a large living room with two distinct seating areas, a hidden floor to ceiling bar and stunning monument views from its four large windows. There is a W/D, ample storage and one assigned parking space. The building's roof deck has just gotten a major facelift, with the passenger elevator going to the roof, new furniture and umbrellas, plus a newly renovated kitchen and restroom. The attentive staff at 2029 provides 24-hour front desk service, cleaning and building maintenance.
Condo, 1 Story, Beaux Arts
Gas Water Heater, Public Water Service
Brick, Other Construction, Stone
1,900 sq. ft
District Of Columbia Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Gourmet Kitchen, Eat-In Kitchen
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Microwave, Dryer, Washer
- Window Air Conditioning, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat. Radiators.
- Wood Frame, Screened, Storm Window
- Elevator, Entry Level Bedroom.
- TV Entry System, Main Entrance Locked, Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Monitor System
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, wine storage, Bar, Open Floor Plan, Built-Ins, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- Assigned Parking Space, Private.
- Brick, Stone, Other
- Deck, Roof Deck
- Lot View
- Community Amenities
- Extra Storage, Storage Bin, Fitness Center, Laundry Facilities, Newspaper Service, Common Grounds
The scores below measure the walkability of the address, access to public transit of the area and the convenience of using a bike on a scale of 1-100
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price